Versatile, soft and chemical-free
The majority of VIMPELOVA garments are made from organic certified cotton. It has a lower environmental impact than conventional cotton. We love this natural fibre because it produces fabrics that are soft, strong, breathable, absorbent, hypo-allergenic and easy to care for. In addition, cotton can be recycled and made into new garments.
We source organic cotton fabrics from suppliers specializing in GOTS certified cotton. These are Ecologial Textiles and Pure Fabrics from the Netherlands, Lebenskleidung and C-Pauli from Germany.
ORGANIC COTTON ENVIRONMENTAL BENEFITS*
- The organic cotton farmer works with nature to build healthy soil which stores carbon – it emits 46% less greenhouse gas than non-organic cotton.
- Organic cotton uses less water for growth. Consequently, rivers, lakes and drinking water are kept cleaner as usage of hazardous pesticides and fertilisers are banned.
- Organic farmers grow other crops alongside cotton which provides a more diverse food supply.
- Genetically modified (GM) seeds are banned in organic cotton farming. Instead farmers save their seeds year after year to work with nature, more sustainably.
- Organic farmers use natural methods like crop rotation to control pests and diseases, not hazardous, synthetic pesticides and fertilisers.