Textured Linen Corset with Hand Embroidery
This one-off-a-kind linen corset is the showpiece of our sustainable collection and will make you, the wearer stand out whenever you stand. Made with GOTS certified Belgian organic linen, hemp braids, cotton lining, interlining and metal bones this piece contains no plastic components and therefore is the most sustainable high-end wedding corset out there.
Inspired by the techniques of corset cording it was handmade and hand-embroidered in our studio in London. Inspired by nature and the Czech artist's, Ota Janecek illustrations of a barren tree which was embroidered applying hemp braids sewn onto the bodice. Adjustable fastening offers the possibility of sizing up or down to the desired size by lacing at the back. The heavy boning structure offers support while being strapless. Due being made traditionally this corset is perfect to show off your Waltz moves, however is not flexible enough should you like to street dance.
Pair our linen corset with maxi organic silk trousers on your wedding to prove sustainability with contemporary style is possible also on your D-day.
- 100% organic linen // GOTS certified // supplied by Libeco
- model is 170cm (5ft 7) and is wearing size S/M (10-12 UK, 38-40 EU)
- Handcrafted in London
Size & Fit
Delivery & Returns
Outer: 100% Belgian GOTS certified organic linen, hemp brands, cotton embroidery, brass eyelets, hemp cord for lacing
Lining: 100% GOTS certified organic cotton
Inner: 100% cotton interlining, metal steel boning, 100% cotton cords
- made of medium-weight Belgian linen in stone beige
- hand-sewn cording texture
- hand embroidered tree design using braids in relieve
- centre back fastening by lacing, including snaps to hold back panel in place
- constructed with sturdy interlining and steal boning for support
- dry clean only (preferably in ECO dry cleaners in your neighbourhood)
- strapless corset with open V-neckline
- waistline at front is shaped in reverse V shape and extends below your natural waist
- the corset wraps your waist nicely and gives you the option to take in few centimetres of your waist circumference if desired, or it can be worn tru to your size
- this is a one-off piece in size S/M, it will fit differently depending on your body proportions so we highly recommend to come for a personal fitting at our studio in Brussels.
- to set up an appointment please email directly to Veronika , the designer
The model is styled with our Maxi Leg Organic Silk Trousers
Half waist width - 32 cm (fits maximum 64 cm waist circumference)
Half hip width - 48 cm (fits maximum 96 cm hip circumference)
Inseam leg - 87 cm
Trousers length - 123cm
Need help? Check our measurements guide
You don’t need to compromise on style to have
a sustainable wardrobe. At VIMPELOVA, we care for the environment.
This is reflected in the choice of fabrics for our designs, all of which have natural origins: organic cotton, linen, silk, wool, hemp or Tencel.
This corset was hand-crafted using Belgian organic linen and hand-embroidered in our studio in London.
This sustainable corset are made from GOTS certified organic linen supplied by Belgian linen mill, LIBECO. Their linen fabrics are spun and woven from the finest European flax.
The lining is made from 100% organic cotton satin supplied by ECOLOGICAL TEXTILES, NL.
Hemp cording for embroidery was sourced from THE HEMP SHOP, UK.
Cotton yarn for embroidery by local haberdashery shop in London, UK.
Cotton interlining, steel boning and eyelets come from a specialised corseting supplier VENA CAVA, UK.
LOCAL SMALL SCALE PRODUCTION
The design of this history inspired corset, pattern cutting, cording technique was done the designer, the beautiful hand-embroidery was made by Charlie Mitchell in our studio, previously located in London, UK.
We offer STANDARD and EXPRESS shipping worldwide dispatching within 2 working days. Delivery time is normally between 1 and 10 working days depending on when the customer’s order is processed, whether it's an express or a standard service and the location the customer requires the order to be shipped to.
REFUNDS & RETURNS
If you are in any way unsatisfied with your order please get in touch.
We are happy to refund any purchases within 14 business days from receipt (20 days for international orders). All returns must be sent via registered mail in their original condition.
The cost of returning the item is the customer’s responsibility.